Saturday, January 22, 2011

Eating In / Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

We've been eating quite well lately--but all that cooking hasn't left much time for blogging. I'll try to catch up this week. First up, Meg's super "breakfast-for-dinner" lemon ricotta pancakes (recipe courtesy Annie's Eats).. There were very few culinary highlights in West Lafayette, IN; one of them was Baja Peninsula. Though there menu was small, it featured lemon ricotta pancakes--one of the few items that could get me out of bed early on a weekend. Meg's been craving them for awhile, so she gave them a shot:

I think Meg's recipe yields better pancakes than the ones we got at Baja. I am particularly picky when it comes to pancakes. My irish nana wasn't much of a cook, but she would cook pancakes from scratch in bacon grease in an old cast-iron skillet. They were incredible. Meg's been working on her pancakes for years--and I think nana might have met her match (although I am still waiting for Meg to embrace bacon grease...).

2 comments:

  1. I think in this case she followed the link step by step--butI'll try and get her to post her pancake recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete