Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BBQ Pork Chops w/ Asparagus

We're still eating.


Tonight I made BBQ pork chops with asparagus. The chops were marinated for 24 hours in an outstanding "agnostic" BBQ sauce I found via Smitten Kitchen (Ina Garten's recipe). I followed the recipe except for two changes: I doubled the garlic and reduced the hoisin by 66%. The sauce is excellent; Meg and I have been inventing reasons to put it on things. Seriously, it is almost too easy to make and tastes terrific.


Via Kalamazoo, the chops were seared on each side for 2 minutes and then indirect grilled for another 20. They were a tad bit overcooked, but quite good. I hadn't tried indirect grilling pork chops before, and I think I went on the safe side.


I lightly brushed the asparagus with olive oil and dusted it with a spice rub (montreal steak seasoning with extra salt, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, chili powder, and paprika). I grilled them on medium heat for 8 minutes (I flipped them after 5).


All in all a pretty good meal. Rowan liked the meat, and choked down the asparagus to earn dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment